[Kde-pim] Re: Free-busy integration in KDEPIM - Osnabrück outcome

Grégory Oestreicher greg at kamago.net
Mon Apr 4 20:33:29 BST 2011

Hi Thomas,

Le dimanche 03 avril 2011 21:34:01, Thomas McGuire a écrit :

> For the kdepimlibs parts, they look quite ok, maybe they should be in the
> kcal/ subdir of akonadi though? (yeah we missed that for the transport
> resource...)

Done. Everything will be pushed into the clones later tonight.

> Can lastCacheUpdate() not use a KDateTime instead of a QString?

I was so much focused on the DAV groupware implementation that I totally
forgot this as it doesn't make sense for this resource. I can make this a
KDateTime, but it will have to be converted to a QString to send it over D-
Bus. In that case it's FreeBusyProviderBasePrivate that will to the
conversion, but the receiver will have to use a QString. Unless there's
already a D-Bus type for KDateTime.

> What format
> is the email address in, something like "bla at foo.com" or are display names
> allowed as well? That should be documented.

All email addresses are bare, like 'foo at bar.com'. Good point, I'll document
this.

> Same with freeBusyRetrieved(),
> I have no idea what format "@param freeBusy The free-busy data." is in.

Ditto, I'll add the doc.

> Maybe instead of using a boolean to indicate an error, have a QString for
> the user-visible error message somewhere, that KOrganizer could display?

Why not, but only the latest message submitted over D-Bus will be kept in the
case that two resources answer with a failure. I assume that you are only
talking about the freebusyRetrieved() call.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
Grégory