[Kde-pim] Re: Free-busy integration in KDEPIM - Osnabrück outcome

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Apr 4 08:39:20 BST 2011

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:34:57 am Grégory Oestreicher wrote:
> I've finally made public the work I started in the KDEPIM meeting in
> Osnabrück pertaining to the free-busy integration (yeah, it was about
> time).
My thanks for the work so far.

>   This extends the FreeBusyManager in two ways. One is to add the new F/B
>   retrieval mechanism before the "groupware way", which was based on an
>   URL build with the email address to get F/B info for. Now all resources
>   that have the 'FreeBusyProvider' capability are queried. If none answers
>   positively (for short, once again comments provide more information)
>   then there is a fallback on the groupware mechanism.
>   The other extension is to add a new method to retrieve F/B info for
>   a limited period.
I had a look at the repos, and it built OK for me. However it appears there is
some kind of binary incompatible change (it broke login on my Ubuntu 11.04
alpha something box, and on an earlier Ubuntu 10.mumble box) - I have to try
again, perhaps with a full build of KDE.

I'm also not sure exactly what I'm meant to see. Is the Free/Busy bit you're
talking about in KOrganizer or some other tool I don't know about?

I haven't really looked at the API bit yet - I hoped it would be easier to see
once I had it working. Any chance you can provide some screenshots or general
directions on the best way to test things?

Brad