[Kde-pim] Re: [kde-promo] Re: KDE PIM 4.6 branch and release

Scott Kitterman kde at kitterman.com
Sat Apr 23 16:11:22 BST 2011

Markus Slopianka <markus.s at kdemail.net> wrote:

>Am Samstag 23 April 2011, 11:36:58 schrieb Stephen Kelly:
>
>> We're planning on releasing KDE PIM 4.6 as part of KDE SC 4.6.3.
>
>With this, we should carefully craft a release announcement.
>I'm currently attempting to come up with something under
>https://promo.notes.kde.org/33

4.6.3 is a maintenance release. I don't think it's appropriate to treat the kdepim 4.6 feature release as 'part of' 4.6.3.  I think it can be released alongside 4.6.3, but not 'part of'.

At least on my part, I've invested a fair amount of time and effort 'selling' the idea of KDE maintenance releases being safe things to introduce into my distro of choice, even post-release.  Please don't confuse this by trying to wrap a major feature release inside a maintenance update.

Scott K