[Kde-pim] Re: Commandline tool for Akonadi query & export

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 21:36:30 BST 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Michael Schuerig <michael.lists at schuerig.de
> wrote:

> On Friday 22 April 2011, Dinesh wrote:
>
> > > $ ./configure --disable-ebook --disable-ecal
> > >
> > > works, but
> > >
> > > $ ./configure --disable-ebook --disable-ecal --enablekwallet
> > >
> > > goes into the loop.
> > >
> > > Do you have any idea what's going wrong here?
> >
> > Well this used to happen when We had hardcoded paths to /usr/include
> > for kwallet.h and Akonadi/Collection.. But recently we have changed
> > that to use kde4-config , as in
> >
> > Syncevolution/configure-pre.in - line 436
> >
> > KDE_KWALLET_CFLAGS="-I`kde4-config --path include` -I`kde4-config
> > --path include`/KDE -I`qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS`"
> >
> > and
> > Syncevolution/src/backends/akonadi/confugure-sub.in
> >
> > KDEPIM_CFLAGS="-I`kde4-config --path include` -I`kde4-config --path
> > include`/KDE -I`qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS`"
> >
> > So i m not entirely sure, where lies the problem now... I remember
> > Rohan complaining about Syncevolution not compiling when using zsh
> > (which I haven't yet verified), so can that be a problem? (i m on
> > bash)
>
> I had to set CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/include/qt4" to make configure find Qt4
> headers. This include path ought to have been set via the above
> invocation of qmake, but what it actually returns is this
>
> $ qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS
> **Unknown**
>
> I have no idea whether this query is incorrect or whether the Debian
> packaging is faulty.

I would probably go with the latter: cuz I get,

[dinesh at ubuntu ~]$ qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS
/usr/include/qt4

> Anyway, I got syncevolution to compile, now I have to find out what and
> how it does.

Great! Now the next steps could be a little bit tricky.. if you need help,
hop onto #akonadi-syncml on freenode...
either me or shadeslayer can help you out on how to configure syncevolution
:)
Basically, its all in the src/backends/akonadi/Readme file

Cheers,
Dinesh

Thanks for your help!