[Kde-pim] Re: Commandline tool for Akonadi query & export

Michael Schuerig michael.lists at schuerig.de
Fri Apr 22 17:42:50 BST 2011

On Thursday 21 April 2011, Dinesh wrote:

> Syncevolution has an export feature for contacts/calendar/notes of a
> profile to a file or a directory or to the stdout:
[...]

> Checkout syncevolution/src/backends/akonadi/akonadisyncsource.*
>
> for the code, its well commented,Eventhough it isn't Ruby, I have a
> feeling that this is all you need ...
> I'm sure you can get your way through :)

Dinesh, thanks for suggesting syncevolution. I'm not sure if it really
does what I'm trying to do, but it'll be interesting to look at the code
anyway. Besides, I noticed that its main author lives less than 5km from
me.

That said, I haven't been able to build syncevolution with Akonadi
support, as described in its src/backends/akonadi/README. Apparently,
configure goes into an infinite loop

checking for xsltproc... /usr/bin/xsltproc
checking for KEYRING... no
checking kwallet.h usability... no
checking kwallet.h presence... no
checking for kwallet.h... no
= no
= no
= no
= no

Notably, it does not find kwallet.h, even though it is present in
/usr/include, which is correctly returned by kde4-config --path include.
AFAIK, the fault lies with the kwallet check, as

$ ./configure --disable-ebook --disable-ecal

works, but

$ ./configure --disable-ebook --disable-ecal --enablekwallet

goes into the loop.

Do you have any idea what's going wrong here?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael at schuerig.de