[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi in a commandline tool

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:01:05 BST 2011

Michael Schuerig wrote:

> I'm trying to access Akonadi in a commandline tool, however there are
> still some crucial tasks I haven't found a way to achieve:
>
> * Getting a list of the user-visible names of all (top level)
> collections.
> * Instantiating a Collection given its user-visible name.
> * Restricting a SPARQL query to a single collection.
> * Providing useful error messages for malformed SPARQL queries.
>
> In GUI apps, the first two tasks are apparently handled by
> Akonadi::EntityTreeModel, but as that class is tied rather intimately to
> GUI functionality, I'm not sure if it is the right thing for my purpose.

The point of Akonadi::EntityTreeModel is to *not* be tied to gui
functionality at all, but allow gui functionality to rely intimately on it.

It could be used in a command line tool just fine, but that's not to say
it's definitely right for the purpose. I might put together an example
application showing how it can be done/useful for the purpose.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the SPARQL side of things.

All the best,

Steve.