[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi in a commandline tool

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Apr 29 06:22:03 BST 2011

On Friday, 2011-04-29, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> I'm trying to access Akonadi in a commandline tool, however there are
> still some crucial tasks I haven't found a way to achieve:
>
> * Getting a list of the user-visible names of all (top level)
> collections.

Akonadi::CollectionFetchJob using Collection::root() and fetch option
FirstLevel

> * Instantiating a Collection given its user-visible name.

That's not directly possible since many collections can have the same name,
e.g. having one Inbox folder per IMAP account.

There is a private/uninstalled header for a collection path resolver that
takes a "path" in a collection name hierachy and tries to resolve that to a
collection ID. It has very likely some assumption on how such a path may look
like.

> * Restricting a SPARQL query to a single collection.
> * Providing useful error messages for malformed SPARQL queries.

No idea about search, though my guess is that collection ID/URL could be used
as a query item, thus restricting the results to items from that collection.
My guess is that KMail2 would be doing something like this when searching for
messages in a particular folder (tree).

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring