[Kde-pim] Re: kdepim-4.6 ?

Joost Roeleveld joost at antarean.org
Thu Apr 7 20:46:30 BST 2011

On Thursday 07 April 2011 16:38:09 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On Thursday 07 April 2011 16.18.17 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Could we get back on the KDE release train please?
>
> +1 here,
>
> I did a quick review of the bugs that came up in my search for kmail2 and
> found one potential blocker that I added to the meta bug.
>
> As for my impression the main issue I have is speed and I do not concider
> that as a blocker.

I had a quick look at that one and I too encounter it.
I put it down to using an IMAP-resource and/or incorrect start-up sequence.

I get best performance from kontact 4.6 (beta...) when I can start
nepomukserver, then wait for it to be a bit more stabilised (eg. CPU-load
dropped) and then start akonadi...

Any idea why that might be?

Also, my akonadi.db is about 586M. That might also cause the problems?

--
Joost