[Kde-pim] Commandline tool for Akonadi query & export

Michael Schuerig michael.lists at schuerig.de
Thu Apr 21 15:11:31 BST 2011

Hello out there,

I'm new on this list and I haven't done any C++/Qt/KDE programming for
ages. I don't plan to become a regular PIM developer, for the time
being, I only like to implement a useful tool, unless something like it
exists already.

My immediate need is that I want to export my contacts in a format
suitable for importing as a phonebook into a Fritz!Box router/DECT base
station. The shortcut to achieve this would be to mangle the files
locally cached in ~/.local/share/contacts/. If at all practical, I'd
prefer to do it through Akonadi.

I have found the tutorials on techbase.kde.org, but they still leave me
with several questions. In particular, I don't yet see how to get hold
of those items of a single, given resource that match certain criteria.
I'd like to be able to export only contacts belonging to a certain
category, say. Also, I'd like to do the initial prototyping in Ruby, not
C++. I don't need ready-made solutions, but it would be most helpful to
know which existing code I ought to look at for guidance.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael at schuerig.de