[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi in a commandline tool

Michael Schuerig michael.lists at schuerig.de
Sat Apr 30 17:40:48 BST 2011

On Saturday 30 April 2011, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2011-04-29, Michael Schuerig wrote:

[CollectionPathResolver]
> > The header being clearly marked as private doesn't inspire
> > confidence that I ought to use it in an Akonadi client. My
> > interpretation was that it is reserved for the implementation of
> > Akonadi itself. Anyway, I looked around widely in the docs and was
> > unable to determine what a "path" in this context might be. Thus I
> > was unable to make akonadi2xml do anything.
>
> It is _p.h because we don't want it installed, developers should not
> think about addressing collections using paths.

Someone ought to tell the debian maintainers ;-) Seriously, though, the
functionality provided by CollectionPathResolver is useful and not
easily available by other means, it really should be exposed in an
"official" way.

> > > No idea about search, though my guess is that collection ID/URL
> > > could be used as a query item, thus restricting the results to
> > > items from that collection. My guess is that KMail2 would be
> > > doing something like this when searching for messages in a
> > > particular folder (tree).
> >
> > If I understand you correctly, that would entail munging the query
> > string in order to add another condition. I'd rather treat the
> > query as opaque and just pass it through to Nepomuk.
>
> Hmm, but if you only want hits from a certain collections, than that
> collection is part of the conceptual query, is it not?
> So IMHO it would make sense to also have it as a part of the Sparql
> query.

I think of it as analogous to querying a single database, not all
databases managed by one server. Selecting the dataset (collection) and
filtering further with a SPARQL query just suits me better right now.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael at schuerig.de