[Kde-pim] distribution lists

eddie eddieleprince at sky.com
Thu Sep 23 11:03:36 BST 2010

On Thursday 23 Sep 2010 08:38:20 Stephan Mueller wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. September 2010, um 01:13:03 schrieb upscope:
>
> Hi upscope,
>
> just for the records. I use distribution lists for sending encrypted emails
> to mailing lists (I have an addressbook entry with the mailing list email
> address and associate all GPG keys with the list in the encryption part of
> the addressbook entry).
>
> You can easily run into problems with that as these lists seem to be stored
> in *three* locations: once in the Vcards, once in akonadi and once in the
> nepomuk database.
>
> To fix the problem that the encryption key configuration in the vcards are
> not used, I had to:
>
> - log out of KDE
>
> - remove .kde/share/apps/nepomuk
>
> - log into KDE
>
> - use akonadiconsole to remove the current addressbook agent
>
> - install a new addressbook agent
>
> - restart akonadi (akonadictl stop, akonadictl start)
>
> - start kmail
>
> Now, the encryption keys were found.
>

> To the akonadi/nepomuk team: is there a way that the vcards are used as
> authoritative source?
>
> Please note that I have written a Perl script that takes the group
> definitions in gpg.conf and copies that into the vcards to allow kmail to
> send to the groups encrypted. However, since there is nepomuk and akonadi,
> I have problems as updates to the vcard files are sometimes not honored by
> kmail. To fix that, I sometimes have to remove and re-add the addressbook
> akonadi agent. In harder cases, I have to do the procedure outlined above.
>
> Note, when I update the vcards, I just change the contents of the files, I
> do not move files around (which would break the inodify watches of akonadi
> or nepomuk).
>
> Thanks
> Stephan
>
> > On Saturday, September 18, 2010 05:51:56 am eddie wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I would just like to ask what is the present state of distribution
> >
> > lists

Hi Stephan

Are you suggesting that distribution lists work fine with kmail but when you
are using encrypted mail you have to used the process you mentioned above or
are you saying that one needs to do this to get any distribution list to work?

Eddie
--
Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine
heart.