[Kde-pim] Re: Kontact Mail Speed (Re: Showstoppers in KMail)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Sep 27 20:48:04 BST 2010

On Monday 27 September 2010, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. September 2010 11:34:01 schrieb Tobias König:
> > 3) New messages notifications: The notification about new messages
> > is broken when using local filtering. It happens that it reports
> > e.g. '3 new messages in inbox' even 40 or more messages have been
> > downloaded. But the notification is sent after the filtering is
> > done, so it misses some new messages.
> >
> > 	Steps to take:
> > 		- Let the resources send the notification instead of kmail?
>
> I am unsure what I would have wanted here. The 40 messages are not in
> INBOX anymore after filtering, so the message is correct: Only three
> (of the) new message are in inbox.
> You might have 30 new emails in a different folder and 7 which are
> dumped because of the spam. So with an extra message: 30 new mails
> in folder X, this would be more what I would have wanted.

KMail 1 (optionally) gives you a detailed list of new messages for all
folders for which this is enabled (for the trash or spam folders it
would, of course, be disabled). So, a detailed new mail notification is
what is expected by people who are currently using KMail 1. (If you
disable the detailed new mail notification in KMail 1 you still get the
total number of all new messages.)

Regards,
Ingo