[Kde-pim] KMail takes ages to load mails

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Sep 9 13:26:33 BST 2010

On Thursday, 9. September 2010 09:25:42 Maciek Zarzycki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just migrated to Kontact 4.4.93 and I've noticed that KMail takes ages
> to load emails from disk every time it is restarted. I'm talking about few
> minutes for a folder with 1000+ emails and not much less for folders
> containig ~100 emails. Also mysqld is eating up about 50% of cpu (100% of
> one core on a core 2 duo machine) during loading.
>
> The emails are stored in a maildir resource so loading should be
> instantenious. At least it was in the old KMail.
>
> I will be happy to provide any info you need and do a bit of debugging if
> you give me instructions :).
>
> Btw, should I create a ticket on bugs.kde.org for this?

Hey Maciek,

I tried to improve that situation a few months ago and hope to spent some more
time on it in future. A proper bug report would of course be welcome.

@ Others: Has anyone else spent time on performance while I was gone from PIM
development? Didn't Tokoe do a few things here and there?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de