[Kde-pim] Akonadi conflict problem - possibly EntityTreeModel issue?

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Oct 25 19:55:36 BST 2010

I'm having difficulty working out why I'm getting a conflict when updating an Akonadi Item in KAlarm. It creates an item, and then updates it soon after. Then the conflict resolution dialog appears.

The sequence of events is to first call ItemCreateJob. That job's result slot returns an item with revision 0.

A short time after that, an ItemModifyJob is created. EntityTreeModel::data(ItemRole) is used to obtain the current revision number of the item being modified - the revision number returned is 0 - and that revision is used in the item supplied to the job.

The conflict resolution dialog seems to report that the revision number of the current item is in fact 1 - it shows revision numbers of 0 and 1 for the two conflicting items. AkonadiConsole also shows the items to have revision 1 while the conflict dialog is being displayed.

I'm fairly sure that KAlarm isn't doing any other updates on the item to cause the conflict, so I'm mystified as to why the conflict is occurring. It doesn't matter whether the ItemModifyJob is called directly or whether EntityTreeModel::setData() is used - the result is the same. I've tried looking at the debug log (attached) in AkonadiConsole, but don't understand it well enough to work out what's happening from it.

Any pointers to what might be happening would be very welcome.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.