[Kde-pim] Re: kdepimlibs and kdateedit

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Nov 3 23:15:45 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 November 2010 8:13:26 am Lynn Hazan wrote:
> I am developing an application where the KDEPIM kdateedit would be of great
> use. I could not find it in kdepimlibs, is there a plan to include it there?

There have been a few attempts to move kdateedit and ktimeedit into kdelibs
over the years.   We never have accomplished that feat.

Moving into kdepimlibs would be another possibility, but honestly I'd
rather seem them (and kcheckcombobox) moved into kdelibs.

OTOH: kdepimlibs is better than what we have now.

Bottom line: there is no good technical reason not to move these out of kdepim;
we just never found someone to push the issue and make it happen.

Perhaps we move into kdepimlibs/kpimwidgets for now.  See how that goes.

Volunteers needed in any case.

-Allen