[Kde-pim] Re: KDE PIM and mobile device sync

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 14:08:32 GMT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 00:30, Dinesh <saidinesh5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Adrian,
>
> The Good News is, During this GSoC, the SyncEvolution's(it's the tool)
> akonadi(Its what KDE PIM uses behind the scence) backend is fixed. And a bit
> of work is done on KWallet and Bluedevil(so when you pair your bluetooth
> device, it directly gets configured) integration.
>
> The Bad News is, its just a command line tool as of now. So it is NOT at all
> newbie friendly. (A bit of a nightmare to setup).
>  We are working on a GUI (right now as we speak) to make everything "Just
> work", and will probably get it done this December (Immediately after my
> exams, I promise :) ).
>
> You can find more info on :
> http://saidinesh5.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/are-we-there-yet/<http://saidinesh5.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/are-we-there-yet/#comments>
>
> Incase you are interested to use it and get stuck at any point compiling,
> you can ping me on saidinesh5 on akonadi-syncml on IRC.

I recently abandoned Korganizer and Kaddressbook due to lack of sync
with mobile phones. I am still interested, though, and would gladly
test and triage what I can. My KDEPIM is no longer a critical
component for me, so I can test and break at will!

I currently have a Nokia N86, which is a Symbian phone that is listed
by Funambol as supporting SyncML. Please clarify: is your intention is
to have this device sync calendar and contacts with KDEPIM? If so,
I'll be helping!

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen