[Kde-pim] Re: KDE PIM and mobile device sync

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 22:30:41 GMT 2010

Hello Adrian,

The Good News is, During this GSoC, the SyncEvolution's(it's the tool)
akonadi(Its what KDE PIM uses behind the scence) backend is fixed. And a bit
of work is done on KWallet and Bluedevil(so when you pair your bluetooth
device, it directly gets configured) integration.

The Bad News is, its just a command line tool as of now. So it is NOT at all
newbie friendly. (A bit of a nightmare to setup).
 We are working on a GUI (right now as we speak) to make everything "Just
work", and will probably get it done this December (Immediately after my
exams, I promise :) ).

You can find more info on :
http://saidinesh5.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/are-we-there-yet/<http://saidinesh5.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/are-we-there-yet/#comments>

Incase you are interested to use it and get stuck at any point compiling,
you can ping me on saidinesh5 on akonadi-syncml on IRC.

Cheers
Dinesh

P.S Happy Diwali :)