[Kde-pim] Re: Value for attribute ENTITYDISPLAY is not a list of two strings

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Nov 15 13:08:30 GMT 2010

Hi Andreas,

On Monday, 2010-11-15, anti43 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My intention is to write a full java library for akonadi, mainly to use it
> within openyabs.org, but I will release it on google code so everybody
> interested can benefit from an easy-to-use java-akonadi interface.

Wow, very cool!

> however
> my knowledge of akonadi is yet very limited, so I hope you can kindly help
> me through the initial issues I get with the example implementation from
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4033
>
> After running the Walk class, I get
>
> Creating Akonadi data connection at
> /home/andreas/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.socket
> org.akonadiproject.akonadi.ProtocolException: Value for attribute
> ENTITYDISPLAY is not a list of two strings, but 4: input='(\"Personal
> Calendar\" \"office-calendar\" \"\" ())'
> 1 ()
> at
> org.akonadiproject.akonadi.EntityDisplayAttribute.parse(EntityDisplayAttrib
> ute.java:90)
>
> which means nothing to me..?

The check there is probably just too strict. While I am not entirely sure, my
guess is that at the point when I wrote that this attribute carried only two
strings: the display name and the name for the icon.
Nowadays it has more data so the check fails.

My recommendation is to change the check from != 2 to >= 2 and later on
extend[1] the class to understand the additional data as well.

Cheers,

[1] I wrote that example implementation after several years of absence from
Java programming and I tried to reuse (parts of an) an existing IMAP
implementation. It might be better to just use it as an idea how things work
rather than completing it

KDE user support, developer mentoring