[Kde-pim] Re: close the Bug 77862: kio_imap processes

Guy Maurel guy-kde at maurel.de
Sun Nov 7 19:24:45 GMT 2010

Hello Carsten!

On Friday 05 November 2010 11:09:29 Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> Hi Guy,
>
> > Let me now ask a provocative question?
> > What is the really necessary, **not to close** the connection after the
> > transfer is done?
> > Why does kmail send a imap-NOOP each minute, even if the "check-interval"
> > is set to zero?
>
> Because otherwise you would have to login again to the server for
> whatever action you want to initiate with the server. That is not only
> new-mail checks but everything IMAP related.
Right!
But with the actual version of kmail2, the user must use the KWallet, where
the passwort is stored. It will does the work for me.
So for me, it is not enough to get the connection open all the time.
I think, we need a stronger reason. If not, we could close the connection,
open a new one only at the time a new action is coming, and escape the problem
with the IP-Change.

Regards
--
guy