[Kde-pim] Re: Frequent crashes in EntityTreeModel and other library models

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Nov 30 09:56:47 GMT 2010

On Mon, November 29, 2010 5:55 pm, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Stephen Kelly wrote:
>
>> David Jarvie wrote:
>>
>>>  it's not
>>> immediately obvious how to avoid the filterAcceptsColumn calls,
>>> although
>>> there might be a way round them if I think about it.
>>
>> Note that I'm not talking about releasing like that.
>>
>> I mean for your own debugging/testing/seeing if you can make it crash.
>
> Do you have any update on this? If you either apply the patch to Qt or
> trivialise the filterAcceptsColumn can you get a crash?
>
> It would be good to know.

I've now rebuilt Qt with the patch, and in the limited time I've had to
play with it (I was away for a few days), it seems to work well now.

It looks as if the patch has now been merged into the Qt 4.7 tree
(although not yet into kde-qt), so hopefully it should be available by the
time KDE 4.6 is out.

David Jarvie.
KDE developer.
KAlarm author - http://www.astrojar.org.uk/kalarm