[Kde-pim] Re: State of KReparentingProxymodel

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:04:45 GMT 2010

Christian Mollekopf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to create a treemodel based on the hierarchy of kcalendar todos, in
> the same model i have also other items (notes), which should be left flat.
>
> I found KReparentingProxymodel to be exactly what i need, but i wonder in
> what state this class is considered. It is not working for me (even the
> simplest case, to not build any hierarchy with a flat
> kdescendantsproxymodel as input), but i havent been looking into it yet.
>
> I copied the class from kdelibs/kdeui/tests/proxymodeltestapp/ as it seems
> to be newer than the one in akonadi_next.
>
> If you tell me that this is the latest version, i will start looking into
> it.

Hi Chris,

The current state of that class is 'highly experimental'. It can be used for
demos, but I know it has some bugs that I'm not certain how should be solved
(mostly around new intermediate nodes arriving), but I haven't had time to
work on it in a long time.

It looks like the version in proxymodeltestapp is slightly more up to date,
but I also noticed a difference wrt mapToSource in the akonadi_next version
which should maybe be in the class.

It is surprising that it doesn't work for you in even the simplest case. Did
you try running the proxymodeltestapp and trying the 'reparenting PM' tab?
That works for me.

All the best,

Steve.