[Kde-pim] [IMPORTANT] kdepim 4.5 Branched

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Fri May 21 12:15:24 BST 2010

Hi,

On Friday 21 May 2010 12:44:36 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> On Friday 21 May 2010 00:00:52 Allen Winter wrote:
> > The kdepim 4.5 branch has been created  in the usual place
> > (branches/KDE/4.5/kdepim).
> >
> > This will be the code that gets released as kdepim 4.5.0 in a few months.
> > This is where you should be concentrating your bug fixing.
> > This is where all the freezes and release rules for 4.5 apply.
> >
> > kdepim trunk is wide-open now.
>
> Thanks Allen for handling this.
> Just to make this clear: Bugfixing should happen in the 4.5 branch. DO NOT
> work in trunk unless you need to do that, for example when developing for
> mobile stuff or when merging features from e35.
>
> All bugfixing and stabilizing development should happen in the 4.5 branch,
> that's where we will release the next KDEPIM from!
>
> Use the 4.5 branch!
> Please forwardport the fixes there to trunk.

Disregard this mail please.
Apparently everything in it is wrong, the decision has been reversed.

So:
- Use trunk for stabilizing and bugfixing for the 4.5 release
- Use branches/work/komo for mobile work
- Defer feature merges from e35 until trunk is open again.
- Do not use the 4.5 branch yet

I hope this is correct now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Thomas