[Kde-pim] Alternative calendar dates

Tsvi Mostovicz ttmost at gmail.com
Mon May 31 13:19:14 BST 2010

I'm unaware of the way KDE uses these dates but I would like to point you to
the following:
* Some of the publc holidays are defined as such because they actually are
religious holidays. The reason they're mentioned as public holidays is
because these days are also mandated by law. Reason this is important is for
the next point.
* For Jews outside of Israel some of the religious holidays are observed
during two days. The following come to mind: Succot, Simchat Torah, Pesach,
Shavuot and Svii shel Pesach.
* Also note, Yom Haatsmaut and Yom Hazikaron can be moved a day or two
earlier or later depending on what day of the week the 5th of Iyar falls.

Again I don't know how this file is used, I also don't know how to edit it.
Just contributing my personal knowledge.

BTW Anybody interested in mentoring a noob in C++ (I'm a EE by trade) I'd be
more than happy to contribute to kde-pim.

Best regards,

Tsvi M