[Kde-pim] Alternative calendar dates

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sun May 30 00:56:08 BST 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 20:32:27 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> On 21 April 2010 21:28, John Layt <johnlayt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 Apr 2010 16:27:35 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >> You have your man! Shall I write to you off-list on the topic?
> >
> > Yes please, basically we need to decide how many different files to split
> > them into (Civil/Religious, Western/Israeli, English/Hebrew, etc) so
> > users can choose exactly what they want to display, select which
> > holidays go into each file, define what the rules are for each holiday,
> > then make sure the library can cope with the rules.
>
> I'll ask about this on the Linux-IL mailing list.

Hi Dotan,

I've now added new holiday files for Israel with a basic set of holidays:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepimlibs/kholidays/holidays/plan2/holiday_il_he?view=markup

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepimlibs/kholidays/holidays/plan2/holiday_il_en-
us?view=markup

I've only copy-and-pasted them from Wikipedia, so odds are there are some
errors :-)

For 4.5 we're still limited to one file per Country/Language pair, so I
haven't spilt the state and religious holidays into separate files as yet,
that will come in 4.6.

Cheers!

John.