[Kde-pim] Akonadi Meeting: exception request. / Porting Status?

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Mon May 10 11:53:55 BST 2010

> When would be a good moment to start testing KDE PIM 4.5? I've svn
> switched those
> modules to the 4.4 version until further notice when you guys began
> porting, but
> haven't seen any meaningful communication about stability and progress of
> this
> critical KDE SC component.

I may add my two cents here as I'm using the new components for a while now. I'd say KAdressbook and KOrganizer are quite ok, bot still have some issues but KMail just isn't there yet.

By default, KAddressbook want's to create/use a vCard resource where it should actually use (or migrate to) 'Personal Contacts' resource.

One thing I noticed though is that I had to change from the old to the akonadi-based address book resources by hand to make Kopete happy again. Apart from that it works smoothly.

The default KOrganizer calendar could also be named 'Personal Calendar'. Also I lost some calendar entries when importing an the old std.cal file, but I forgot to log this as I noticed it only recently. One glitch is that you have to uncheck/check every calendar resource at Korganizer startup to make it show their entries. Holiday entries work though.

The IMAP resource currently seems to have some problems with big IMAP accounts (mine has 1.1GB and breaks it). Also the mail parser seems to miss things, I've got a lot of mails with date 'Unknown' and several encoding issues (for example with german umlauts).

--
Kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke