[Kde-pim] Git migration status

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Tue May 11 09:40:35 BST 2010

Hi,

an update on how the rules for the git migration are doing.

All repositories are ready for review, that said they are too big and generate
way too many warnings for one person to check, so please help.

Last sync with the KDE svn server was at r1106375, no history after that is
present in the exported repositories.

All warnings seem to come from copy/merge/move in svn. This is a general
problem as the console git tools cannot follow history in this case but "gui
gui blame" can. So the history is there it's just not easily accessible.

History is currently broken when subdirs/files are moved/copied/merged from
playground/kdereview, should rules be added for this too? If so any
volunteers to help track down what dirs and when?

As gitorious has serious problems with the kdepim project i started there and
I've gotten the repositories sizes down here are the urls...

Log files at:
http://www.nyblom.org/pub/kde/git/

Gitweb at:
http://www.nyblom.org/pub/kde/git/repo/

Git clone at:
git clone git://www.nyblom.org/KDE/kdepim
git clone git://www.nyblom.org/KDE/kdepim-runtime
git clone git://www.nyblom.org/KDE/kdepimlibs

To the others involved in the migration, how are things going? Do we have a
timeline or plan?

/Regards
Torgny