[Kde-pim] GPG Log Viewer kill crypto

Paul James Adams paul.adams at kde.org
Fri May 21 18:30:28 BST 2010

Hi all,

I am currently using Kontact (Kmail 1.13.3) as part of KDE 4.4.3 under Kubuntu
10.4 and using GnuPG 1.4.10

If I go to the tools menu and start the GPG Log Viewer then the following
lines get added to ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf:

###+++--- GPGConf ---+++###
utf8-strings
--> debug-level basic
--> log-file socket:///home/padams/.gnupg/log-sock
###+++--- GPGConf ---+++### Fri 21 May 2010 18:21:23 BST
# GPGConf edited this configuration file.
# It will disable options before this marked block, but it will
# never change anything below these lines.

The lines I have marked with --> cause gpg to stop working and have to be
manually commented out to allow gpg to start working again.

Within Kontact/Kmail this problem is easily exposed... When you try to send a
signed or encrypted mail you are told that there are no keys associated with
the sending identity. If you go to the identity edit dialog the you will see
the keys have disappeared and that you can no longer add them back.

Is this a known issue or do you want me to file a full bug report?

All the best,
Paul

--
Paul J. Adams