[Kde-pim] GPG Log Viewer kill crypto

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat May 22 19:15:45 BST 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010, Paul James Adams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently using Kontact (Kmail 1.13.3) as part of KDE 4.4.3
> under Kubuntu 10.4 and using GnuPG 1.4.10
>
> If I go to the tools menu and start the GPG Log Viewer then the
> following lines get added to ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf:
>
> ###+++--- GPGConf ---+++###
> utf8-strings
> --> debug-level basic
> --> log-file socket:///home/padams/.gnupg/log-sock
> ###+++--- GPGConf ---+++### Fri 21 May 2010 18:21:23 BST
> # GPGConf edited this configuration file.
> # It will disable options before this marked block, but it will
> # never change anything below these lines.

I have
debug-level guru

The other lines basically look the same.

> The lines I have marked with --> cause gpg to stop working and have
> to be manually commented out to allow gpg to start working again.
>
> Within Kontact/Kmail this problem is easily exposed... When you try
> to send a signed or encrypted mail you are told that there are no
> keys associated with the sending identity. If you go to the identity
> edit dialog the you will see the keys have disappeared and that you
> can no longer add them back.
>
> Is this a known issue or do you want me to file a full bug report?

I'm sending this message with KMail 1.13.3 (KDE SC 4.4.3, openSUSE
11.2). As it is signed I do not seem to be affected by the problem. In
particular, it does not appear to be a problem in the KDE stack. Maybe
it's a problem in the GnuPG stack. I have:

dirmngr-1.0.3-2.3.x86_64
gpg2-2.0.12-2.3.x86_64
gpgme-1.2.0-2.5.x86_64
libgpg-error0-1.7-3.2.x86_64