[Kde-pim] New release of KBBDB

Raj Mathur ( राज =?utf-8?b?IOCkruCkvuCkpeClgeCksA==?=) raju at linux-delhi.org
Fri May 28 14:57:59 BST 2010

On Friday 28 May 2010, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> On Friday 28 May 2010 14:52:32 Raj Mathur (राज  माथुर) wrote:
> > Thanks for the heads-up... yes, it does use the "is not in
> > addressbook" filter.  If this is a regression I presume that it
> > will be fixed, sooner rather than later, so I won't add notes to
> > KBBDB unless specifically advised to.
>
> There is no easy fix for this, my plan was actually to disable the
> "is not in addressbook" fitler :(

That would be a great pity.  I need the ability to update the
addressbook from addresses in received mails (apart from Emacs, any web-
based mail service has this).  If there is no reasonable workaround I'd
have to abandon KMail in favour of a client that lets me scrape
addresses from incoming mails... perhaps back to Emacs/GNUS.

> The problem involves sub event loops in the filtering code which
> confuses the POP3 code due to reentrancy issues, not that
> straightforward to fix (and frankly, I have not enough time to look
> at it).
> So yes, please add a note to KBBDB.

Will do that, but please let me know if the situation changes so that I
can updates the notes accordingly.

Regards,

-- Raj
--