[Kde-pim] Mail migration status

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Mon May 24 20:50:33 BST 2010

Hi Kevin,

On Friday 21 May 2010 20:02:48 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> the migrator currently show a warning that the following things won't be
> handled:
>
>     "<li>Locally cached IMAP data (will be re-downloaded), pending IMAP
> changes (synchronize with KMail 1 first)</li>"
>
> done
>
>     "<li>Flags and tags on local mail folders</li>"
>
> done
>
>     "<li>Folder settings</li>"
>
> no idea what this includes. Anyone?

Basically the stuff that can be set in the folder properties dialog.

>     "<li>Filter sources and destinations</li>"
>
> I think Volker ported filtering at the Akonadi sprint, right?

As Laurent said, the config probably still needs to be migrated. I don't want
to reconfigure my >150 filters :)

>     "<li>Local folders and messages</li>"
>
> done, though the folder icons for special folders seem to be wrong, despite
> being registered for the specific role.
> Probably just a minor bugfix though.

Thank you for the update on the migration status.

I did not not test migration for myself yet, I had little time for KDE lately.
Once a few people have tested the migration with (a copy of) their real data,
I think we can remove the migration warning dialog.
Did anyone else test this yet?

Regards,
Thomas