[Kde-pim] [SORT-OF-SOLVED] Re: More breakage on upgrade to 4.4.3

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue May 25 08:24:04 BST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:10:12AM +0530, Raj Mathur (????????? ???????????????) wrote:
Hej Raj,

> 3 (new address books popping up) is still unclear -- don't know whether
> it's solved or not.  Last time I checked Akonadi still seemed to be
> adding new sources whenever it got bored.
No idea about this one, never saw this before... Could it be that some migration
tool is running on every startup for you, which tries to migrate your old resources?

> 4 (kbbdb) is not yet solved since the qdbus interface to kaddressbook
> seems to have changed.  Anyone got an idea how to (a) determine which
> interface should be used and (b) how to send a new VCard to
> kaddressbook?
Using DBus interfaces to handle contacts is obsolete, you should use the native C++
classes for this, e.g.
  Akonadi::CollectionDialog - asking the user for a collection to store the new item (contact) to
  Akonadi::ItemCreateJob - to store the item
  Akonadi::ContactEditorDialog - to let the user create or edit a contact

> Kaddressbook interfaces seem to change more often than my
> undergarments
Hmm? These interfaces existed from KDE 3.X till KDE 4.4, that are several releases and
many years...

Ciao,
Tobias