[Kde-pim] Akonadi questionez

robert at narnia.homeunix.com robert at narnia.homeunix.com
Mon May 17 22:21:52 BST 2010

Hi Jos,

I wrote a blog a little while ago about an Akonadi Resource I wrote and
how I am using it in my daily work.  I don't know if that's what the promo
team is looking for, but you might find it somewhat helpful.

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4134

For me the biggest advantage of Akonadi is the greater flexibility it
provides in storing and accessing data.  I can access e-mails and calendar
events from a local file, from an IMAP server, GMail/GCal, my palm pilot,
or a network file share all in the same application.  And I can
synchronize the same data in many different applications effortlessly.

But another huge advantage is the absolutely beautiful programming API for
resources.  It is incredibly easy to use the Akonadi API to harness KDEPIM
applications to new uses and to provide access to PIM information from a
variety of other applications, even non-pim applications, like koffice.

Is that more or less what you're looking for?

Robert