[Kde-pim] Akonadi startup errors

Raj Mathur ( राज =?utf-8?b?IOCkruCkvuCkpeClgeCksA==?=) raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue May 25 16:18:44 BST 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> You can disable the automatic migration [1] and configure all Akonadi
> resource manually using

That worked beautifully.

> kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi

Ah, I was wondering where that one had gone.  Currently I have to run it
through a menu; earlier it was available in the Advanced tab of the
Control Panel.

> For each of your directories of contact files you can use a VCard
> Directory resource instead, for each vcard file with multiple
> entries a VCard File resource.

Which is what I did now.  There was also a VCard dir KResource, which I
removed through the Control Centre, added the Akonadi addressbook and
made it the standard one.  Seem to be seeing fewer messages now.

Also found that the weird resources were in the kres-migratorrc:

contactResources=TPbHZJiJQH,PwjIdsP8pK,RJMFA6b0Ig,2QySfBrSwx,oo410takCH,45Z7eprjvC,eKVHCN1xpU

Cleaning that up makes things much faster, and kabcclient only gives 3
messages now:

No operation specified, assuming --search
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
<unknown program name>(705)/ main: Migrator instance already running for
type  "contact"
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

Given that the annoying migration pop-up has got disabled by removing
the unnecessary contactResources, I have re-enabled Migration.

> If you have other forms of storage, please ask for equivalents.

Will eventually be migrating to LDAP (managing 16K+ and growing contacts
in a VCard dir isn't that good an idea), will ask for help then.

Thanks,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/