[Kde-pim] kde-pim Digest, Vol 84, Issue 26

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 01:24:14 GMT 2010

hi,

i am an undergraduate student, willing to participate in GSoC 2010.

Basically i m interested in integrating the existing tools to make a proper
smartphone managing software for KDE,as a part of my GSoC 2010 proposal.
That being said, since most of my work(as i planned it) involves KDE PIM,
here i am mailing you.

Right Now, i plan for implimenting 3 main things in the software:

1) Mounting the phone filesystem as a folder in the filesystem and
successfully integrating with applications like Digikam, Amarok.
    (mounting is a trivial task using obexfs, Integration with Digikam and
Amarok : dont YET know how to).
2) Successfully syncing pim data between the smartphone and kontact.
    (this is the main thing i aim to finish off as a part of my summer of
code, have gone through stuff related to opensync-syncml and successfully
carried out the stuff @ OpenSync/SyncML-OBEX-Client -
openSUSE<http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSync/SyncML-OBEX-Client#Nokia>, so
i am confident that i will be able to accomplish this task with some
proper guidance)
3) Also, if the phone supports it, use the phone as a modem for DUN.
(this one is already implimented in the popular software called Blueman(for
gnome), and before Blueman, i used to use some standard scripts available on
the internet(ya ironic point: you need the internet to know how to connect
to the internet :D ) so i guess  i can impliment even this one, if i
checkout  their codebase).

so, need some help before i can add this one to the ideas list for kde gsoc
2010.

thanks in advance,

Dinesh