[Kde-pim] Help needed... related to GSoC 2010 : the smartphone management problem

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 12:46:34 BST 2010

Hi guys,

i m done with my mid sem exams n  have done a bit more study on my gsoc
proposal (of building a proper smartphone managing software) and found that
Bluetooth DUN support is FINALLY coming to network manager in 8.1 and also,

found this line kbluetooth's source code..(btw. is it only me or for
everyone the website http://bluetooth.kmobiletools.org/ is down)

"kioslave obex module (browse remote filesystem) - gpothier is already
working on that" accomplishes most of what i have proposed as for
integrating the smartphone with KDE Apps...

so m back where i originally started: to build (and to finally use)a proper
syncing solution btw. kdepim and my mobile..

so i would like to know the current state of opensync support for akonadi /
kde 4 pim. is any one here implementing it??(i googled for it for a really
long time and still couldnt find 1...) i didnt understand what their website
says by "No date set".(because some1 working on it dont yet know when or no1
is working on it and hence couldnt set any date).

or is it better to write a syncml agent which is tightly integrated with
akonadi/kde 4 pim directly??

help needed soon.....