[Kde-pim] Git migration rules

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 11:49:57 GMT 2010

On 11 Mar 2010, at 12:43, Stephen Kelly wrote:

> What we can do is have enterprise clones of kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdepim and
> kdebase(-runtime ?), separate to the official KDE clones of each. We can
> have all of the branches we want in the enterprise clones and make
> enterprise releases from those clones. All of the other branch work I
> described separately would also be pushed to the enterprise clone instead of
> the official KDE clone so as not to get in other peoples way.

+1 to this, this is a brilliant idea.

It's worth remembering that in SVN you just had remote branches as an option. In Git you now have remote branches, local branches and forked repositories. For each SVN branch that is created in our previous process, it's worth considering which of the three Git ways makes the most sense. If anyone who isn't familiar with Git wants elaboration on this, please ask.

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk