[Kde-pim] IMAP/Pop3 Config UIs

Frank Thieme frank at fthieme.net
Sun Mar 28 21:59:30 BST 2010

On Sunday 28 March 2010 22:43:58 Markus wrote:
> Am Sonntag 28 März 2010 20:44:10 schrieb Frank Thieme:
> > The TB3 wizard tries to find out the combination of incoming and outgoing
> > mail servers himself and fails miserably on my setup.
>
> Either your provider is not in that list or with wrong settings. If you
> have a public mail provider, I suggest that you submit a XML file to
> Mozilla.

I have a public provider, but a somewhat compicated setup. I use google apps
for my domain, but the domain ist registered with hosteurope. So TB tries
mail.fthieme.net what is perfectly valid, but not google apps. Thats where the
wizard failes to setup correctly without recognizing it.

As I said for "normal" people that is a great thing, but if you know it
better, than there always should be a way to just setup without any magic...

> No, not in general. Maybe with TB's wizard, but there is no reason why
> after a failed autoconfig the wizard shouldn't act normal and offer manual
> entry of the settings.

As I said, it fails in a soft way, not a "does not work at all" way...

Bye...Frank