[Kde-pim] [RFC] removing unnecessary resources

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Mar 21 17:20:19 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 16 March 2010, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> Hej,
>
> we have currently the following Akonadi resources installed on
> a KDE trunk system:
>
>   akonotes
>   birthdays
>   contacts
>   ical
>   imap
>   kabc
>   kcal
>   knut
>   kolabproxy
>   localbookmarks
>   maildir
>   mailtransport_dummy
>   mbox
>   microblog
>   openxchange
>   pop3
>   nepomuktag
>   nntp
>   vcard
>   vcarddir
>
> I guess some of them can be removed as they are no longer maintained
> or not adopted to the ResourceBase usage correctly. The following
> resources should go IMHO for 4.5
>
>   kabc
>   kcal // both are the bridge resources which cause more problems and
> irritations on user side // than they help

Will we ditch all traditional contact and calendar resources
(KResources) as well? I guess, we can't do so because of KDE's backwards
compatibility.

Apart from the already mentioned KDE contact resources (IMAP, LDAP) and
the local ones (file, folder) there are at least the following resources
at the moment:
GroupDAV
Novell GroupWise
Network
OpenXchange
SUSE LINUX Openexchange

Will KDE SC 4.5 include native Akonadi resources for all of them?

There's a similar list of KDE calendar resources.

>   vcarddir // should be dropped in favour of 'contacts' resource

What is the difference between those two resources anyway?

Regards,
Ingo