[Kde-pim] Addressing the "ignore thread" functionality in kmail

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu Mar 25 15:37:29 GMT 2010

Heyho!

(Ok, this will go slowly as I'm working on this mostly in the train while
commuting, have not ever worked with KDE/Qt code before and my C++
experience is very limited ...  Since I'm offline, I can't really ask on
#kontact while working -- although that certainly would be extremely helpful
:-( )

[ ignore thread is not properly working ]

So far, I've looked in messagelist/core/model.cpp:
ModelPrivate::attachMessageToParent (the "Propagate watched and ignored
status") is at least in some cases not invoked[1].  These were cases where
the "ignored" flag had just vanished between visits to a certain folder,
when (while I was not in that folder) new mail (that should be ignored) has
come into the folder between "get new mail" runs.

Since if no new mail comes in, the flag stays there, my suspicion is that it
is stored, but something in "new mail processing" clears the flag while
entering the folder.

On Thursday 11 March 2010 20.10:39 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> in KMFolderIndex. Maybe the status information it is not
> written to the index correctly.

I guess I'll have to look there next to understand the whole thing.

Using cached imap: should the ignored flag be stored in the mentioned index,
to IMAP, both, or to imap only on certain IMAP servers?

cheers
-- vbi

[1] to be precise: the if (ignored flag is set) part does not happen.
AFAICT the function is invoked.
--
The most interesting [DNS weirdness] is that when I visit the Asus
website two Asus IPs (one in the US, one in Taiwan) will query my