[Kde-pim] More questions about kaddressbook structure/organisation

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Mar 3 20:15:13 GMT 2010

Under Personal Contacts I created an addressbook folder, populating it with
KDE contacts.  Am I right in thinking that this is merely a tagged subset of
the main Personal Contacts addressbook?

In Personal Contacts I see an entry beginning with {387cd326-3f71.....  and
another similarly named.  I can see that these are two small groups I made
when first testing group creation, in Personal Contacts.  However, in the KDE
Addressbook Folder there should be another two groups - and nowhere can I see
similarly labelled entries.  They display correctly in Contacts, so they must
be in the same format as the other two, I would think, but where are they?

I guess that I need to get this sort of thing written up on userbase.  As
people start trying to use Groups they'll be certain to ask.

A small side issue - for the moment I don't think Groups can be automatically
expanded, and the only way to use them is to copy/paste the addresses
displayed by the group.  Is that correct?

That does have an undesirable issue if you use Reversed Name with Comma for
display, as the commas confuse the entries, so you get some very peculiar
names attached to correct addresses.  If this is something that will disappear
when the distribution list migrator appears I'll leave it alone, but if it may
still cause problems I'll file a bug report.  Please tell me which you want me
to do :-)

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group