[Kde-pim] jargon is bad! :)

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Tue Mar 16 09:03:02 GMT 2010

Op Tuesday 16 March 2010 02:40 schreef u:
> ok, so the point of this email is to note the obvious: displaying jargon to
> the user is bad.

I've indicated that 'Workspaces' on www.kde.org got some users in my office confused, it is still there by lack of alternative. There is a lot of jargon around and I don't consider it bad. When you buy a car, you want cruise control, abs, traction control, airbags, TDI, etc. They don't sell those as 'easy driving', 'good breaks', 'no slips', 'comfortable at impact' and 'cheap fuel motor'.

When you decide the desktop you chose for plasma, akonadi, nepomuk. As said in the past, instead of hiding those terms to the user, we should promote it so we can make sure the user knows what they do and let them actively choose for the KDE SC because we have them.

just mho, which probably isn't a majority.

Toma