[Kde-pim] jargon is bad! :)

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Mar 22 12:20:38 GMT 2010

On Mon, March 22, 2010 11:35 am, Dr. Robert Marmorstein wrote:
> On Monday 22 March 2010 5:41:34 am David Jarvie wrote:
>
>> That may be true for the category of user who is interested and
>> motivated
>> enough to look up the term. But for another category (which I suspect
>> forms the majority), i.e. those people who don't care about how the
>> system
>> works and only want to get their task done, they will just ignore the
>> message if at all possible and try to carry on without understanding
>> what
>> it said.
>
> I disagree completely.  If the problem is sufficiently serious to merit
> attention almost any user is going to turn first to Google.

That assumes that the *user* decides that the problem is sufficiently
serious to merit googling. Completely non-technical users won't
necessarily recognise the problem as serious in the first place, and won't
be interested in knowing the meaning of a technical term anyway.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.