[Kde-pim] SoC idea

Dr. Robert Marmorstein robert at narnia.homeunix.com
Thu Mar 4 15:57:35 GMT 2010

Something I've wanted for a long time is the ability to store my Akregator
feeds on a server so that when I read posts at work, they show up as read at
home.  I think I've seen discussion about this before, but I don't remember
where.

Possibly the best way to implement this would be to come up with an XML
representation of the feedlist and the current "state" of each feed.  This XML
document could be stored as a flat file or on an IMAP server, and accessed
through Akonadi.

I think this would be a great SoC project, but before I post it on
community.kde.org, I figured I should run it by this list and see if anyone who
works on Akregator had any comments.  (If no student wants to work on it, I'd
be willing to pick this up myself).

Thanks!

Robert