[Kde-pim] Help needed... related to GSoC 2010 : the smartphone management problem

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 17:35:25 BST 2010

On Sunday 28 March 2010 20:34:19 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday, 2010-03-28, Dinesh wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > i m done with my mid sem exams n  have done a bit more study on my gsoc
> > proposal (of building a proper smartphone managing software) and found
> > that Bluetooth DUN support is FINALLY coming to network manager in 8.1
> > and also,
> >
> > found this line kbluetooth's source code..(btw. is it only me or for
> > everyone the website http://bluetooth.kmobiletools.org/ is down)
> >
> > "kioslave obex module (browse remote filesystem) - gpothier is already
> > working on that" accomplishes most of what i have proposed as for
> > integrating the smartphone with KDE Apps...
> >
> > so m back where i originally started: to build (and to finally use)a
> > proper syncing solution btw. kdepim and my mobile..
> >
> > so i would like to know the current state of opensync support for akonadi
> > / kde 4 pim. is any one here implementing it??(i googled for it for a
> > really long time and still couldnt find 1...) i didnt understand what
> > their
> >
> >  website says by "No date set".(because some1 working on it dont yet know
> >  when or no1 is working on it and hence couldnt set any date).

Sorry for the late answer, it seems like Kevin and Patrick already answered
your most of your questions.

> [...]
>
> Sascha if I remember correctl you indicated that you most likely won't have
> time this year to participate in GSOC yourself, do you think you could be a
> mentor for this?
Yep, I won't have much coding time because I already started my thesis which
is supposed to keep me busy during summer:-) Anyway I'd be glad to assist
where I'm able to. Patrick is far more experienced with SyncML than me though
but I guess that he'll be busy with other GSoC projects. Would it be possible
to have some sort of co-mentorship?
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com