[Kde-pim] Review Request: Migrate KMail's "Include in manual mail checks"

Casey Link casey at kdab.com
Wed Jun 9 01:52:12 BST 2010

> I'm trying to do it without modifying Akonadi::AgentInstanceWidget,

My solution is to create a ProxyModel in front of Akonadi::AgentInstanceModel
that adds an extra column(s) to display a checkbox(es) in.

As it turns out Akonadi::AgentInstanceWidget is using a QListView, which means
the extra columns will not appear.

There are a couple possible solutions here:

1) Make the Akonadi::AgentInstanceWidget view configurable i.e., add a
setView()  method

2) Create a separate view/widget that uses a QTableView to use in the
Configure Dialog

I can think of a couple other use cases where an app might want some custom
columns/actions tacked on to the AgentInstanceModel, but is it worth putting
in kdepimlibs Akonadi lib?

In the meantime I'll implement on #2, which could easily be refactored later
into a generic kdepimlibs widget.

Casey