[Kde-pim] Freebusy/timeline view changes

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Jun 14 13:28:45 BST 2010

Hi,

 In the past days I worked on porting away the timeline view of
korganizer from kdgantt1. One of the reasons is to get rid of qt3
support dependency.
 From the possible choices, I tried first to use a native Qt4 version of
kdgantt, that I refer as kdgantt2. The port is mostly working, although
it doesn't look exactly like the kdgantt1 version. All I've done is not
committed yet, as some questions need to be answered first:

1) What to do with the KDGantt2 dependency? Right now I have it in
kdepim/kdgantt2, that creates an installed shared library (headers are
not installed), and korganizer links against it. The possible choices
are:
 a) keep the above structure
 b) as a), but put into kdepim/kdgantt (where the is an outdated copy of
kdgantt2)
 c) don't create a library, but include the files directly into
korganizer (and later the freebusy widget), like it was in kdgantt1
case.

2) Where to commit the changes? I worked on trunk, but on IRC it was
mentioned to put into branches/work/komo .

Andras