[Kde-pim] Alternative calendar dates

Tsvi Mostovicz ttmost at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:37:43 BST 2010

> I am interested in the rules for moving Yom Haatsmaut and Yom Hazikaron as
> I can easily include those in the holiday calculation.

According to the law passed by the  Israeli government in
1950,1951,1954,2004, the schedule is as follows:
- If 5th of Iyyar falls on Saturday, Yom Haatsmaut is moved to Thursday
(3rd of Iyyar)
- Same happens if it falls on Friday, (it moves to 4th of Iyyar)
- If it falls on Monday it is postponed to Tuesday (6th of Iyyar)

Yom Hazikaron is always the day before Yom Haatsmaut.

This leaves yom haatsmaut being on the 5th of iyyar only in case it falls on
wednsday. (5th of iyyar can only be mon, wed, fri or sat)

I'd be very interested to know where the development is taking place for
this stuff being a huge amateur in the field of Jewish calendaring.