[Kde-pim] Review Request: Migrate KMail's "Include in manual mail checks"

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Jun 9 09:55:11 BST 2010

On Wednesday, 2010-06-09, Casey Link wrote:
> > I'm trying to do it without modifying Akonadi::AgentInstanceWidget,
>
> My solution is to create a ProxyModel in front of
> Akonadi::AgentInstanceModel that adds an extra column(s) to display a
> checkbox(es) in.
>
> As it turns out Akonadi::AgentInstanceWidget is using a QListView, which
> means the extra columns will not appear.
>
> There are a couple possible solutions here:
>
> 1) Make the Akonadi::AgentInstanceWidget view configurable i.e., add a
> setView()  method
>
> 2) Create a separate view/widget that uses a QTableView to use in the
> Configure Dialog
>
> I can think of a couple other use cases where an app might want some custom
> columns/actions tacked on to the AgentInstanceModel, but is it worth
> putting in kdepimlibs Akonadi lib?
>
> In the meantime I'll implement on #2, which could easily be refactored
> later into a generic kdepimlibs widget.

Cool!

I think this might also help to with our discussion of the shutdown issue.

While it is of course still bad to have one application influence the
online/offline state of resources, very visible options for configuring that
could make this acceptable.

I imagine that each resource in KMail has three additional options:

- Include in startup checks (maybe default to false)
- Include in manual cheks (default to true)
- Switch to offline on shutdown (default to false)

Users who are just using KMail can then get pretty much the same behavior they
have now.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring