[Kde-pim] Review Request: Migrate KMail's "Include in manual mail checks"

Casey Link casey at kdab.com
Tue Jun 8 21:32:50 BST 2010

> The patch adds the checkbox below the resource list on the receiving
> accounts tab, changing it according to selection. Defaulting to
> true/checked in case there is no setting for a resource yet.

I think this is an important feature, but usability wise it needs some work.
There is no visible relation between the location of the checkboxes and the
items they are modifying.  Elements that are closer together are perceived as
being more related. Also it is confusing to re-use the same toggle elements
for different resources.

This is a textbook usability problem, but is easily solved. Why not use an
item delegate to draw these per-resource options alongside the resource in the
view? (see attached screenshot, it assumes "check mail on startup" is a per-
resource opt too)

Best,
Casey