[Kde-pim] Status of Akregator Akonadi port...

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at kdab.com
Fri Jul 16 10:06:15 BST 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 1:44 AM, Pierre wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently searching through blogs, this mailing list and the SVN repository,
> and it looks like the Akregator Akonadi port went silent a few months ago.
> Is there still someone working on it ?

No, currently there is nobody working on it.

> What is the current status of this port ?

The basics were working, but it showed some performance issues when importing larger rss archives.
The implementation also shows that it was started in the early days of Akonadi resource development and we wanted replace some of krss-specific models etc. by the new like EntityTreeModel.
And then I'd like to cleanup the resource implementation, which became overly complex by adding another layer of abstraction to support
both local storage and online RSS readers (newsgator in particular, which then closed down).

> Where can we download the latest source code if we want to help (or try to
> help) ?

See Krenar's post. akonadi-ports needs to be rebased against current trunk though.

> Thanks
> Pierre

Frank Osterfeld | frank.osterfeld at kdab.com | Software Engineer KDAB (Deutschland)
GmbH&Co KG, a KDAB Group company Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ)
+46-563-540090 KDAB - Qt Experts - Platform-independent software solutions